What to do to cut down on false alarms in Oceanside
False alarms can be an actual issue for your home’s security. Not only are they a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they might even erode the confidence you have in your equipment. Fortunately, you are able to do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Oceanside security system.
First, be sure that your devices set up correctly. This might appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s common that basic mistakes result in false alarms. For the next step, check out possible culprits of false alarms, like a back door that could be left ajar mistakenly. And finally, feel free to use the various features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Oceanside.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Can you avoid false alarms in Oceanside?
Like diagnosing any issue, the initial step is to reference the manual. Ensure all alarms and sensors are installed properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a system analysis through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically check each component to ensure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Inspect your preset schedules to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at inopportune times.
- Make sure all integrated smart implements are configured in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Contact your customer service representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Oceanside home. They'll be happy to dispatch a tehnician to inspect your system.
Inspect your doors and windows
When your system appears to be alright, the next measure is to do an investigation of your residence. Are all your windows and doors tightly secured, or do you find some accidentally ajar? If an entrance stays unlatched, it might trip a sensor. In the event your family routinely fails to close an entry point, you could incorporate a smart locking system that secures automatically when your system goes live. Sadly, windows require additional physical effort, especially if you have a loved one who enjoys to sleep with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it simple to disengage that sensor while still guarding the remaining areas of the house.
Smart home automation is an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Oceanside
One of the smartest ways to minimize the probability of false alarms is to include automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms that result from absentmindedly unlatching an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to deactivate when your smart front door lock is triggered with the right number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you depart the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Get smartphone updates when your components notice uncommon motion or need a battery change.
- Link your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can operate your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Oceanside when you get a Vivint smart home system
Increased command over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, contact (760) 304-1641 or complete the form below.