Top safety tips for new homeowners in Oceanside
If you just bought your first home or you’re getting ready to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and yours. You’re likely considering the ways you can customize your house with furnishings, paint, and decor. But, before you get too far, be sure you examine home security too. Keeping your loved ones protected should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll show you how with these safety tips for new homeowners in Oceanside.
Conduct a safety review of your new Oceanside property
Now that you’re thinking about safety, see what your new home already has. To start, make sure you have operational fire alarms. Inspect all of them and change batteries if necessary. Are carbon monoxide detectors present? Did you find a water sensor downstairs? This is also a smart time to update door locks and inspect all locking mechanisms on windows. Go room-by-room and get to know your new house.
Smart security tips for your Oceanside home
Once you’ve finished your preliminary inspection of safety devices and locking systems, you can look into enhancing your property’s defense. Begin with these security tips for your home in Oceanside.
- Opt for a modern home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Oceanside can do is incorporate a home security system. The latest in wireless technology allows you to keep a close watch on your property even when you’re not there. You may view live video feeds, engage door locks, and even communicate with guests on your front steps directly from your mobile device. You may customize with worthwhile security implements such as video cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Upgrade outdoor lighting. Outdoor lights with motion sensors are a smart solution in deterring possible invaders. You can even incorporate them with outdoor cameras. The triggering of a motion sensor can instruct your video equipment to record.
- Keep your yard nicely groomed. Do you have an unobstructed view of your property from the interior? Are there oversized shrubs and trees impeeding your view? Get rid of likely areas to hide by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it too.
- Get to know people on your street. One more thing about your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you are friends with people around you, there’s a greater likelihood they’ll let you know if they detect suspicious behavior. You may also connect to your neighborhood’s social media group if one is created.
- Take advantage of home automation. If you install an innovative smart home, you can make it seem like you’re inside by activating smart lights at predetermined times. This is a nice option when you’re at work or on vacation.