Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Oceanside smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total charge of your Oceanside home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Oceanside do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also provides complete remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded video streams from any linked security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Oceanside by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. For instance, an open window will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Oceanside
Although various users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, select email or phone and submit the information to send an invite.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Oceanside home security system. Call (760) 304-1641 to get started.